Saturday, July 25, 2009

Typical English weather- rain yesterday, rain today, and rain tomorrow. I'm staying in a quaint little village...

(It's not really raining nor did it rain yesterday, the title was just for my siblings... it's a quote from a letter that my Dad's English friend sent to him about 15 years ago that for some reason we read repeatedly and have quoted since then. But I am staying in a quaint little English village..)

So I made it to England after an hour and a half delay with my flight, got picked up at the airport by Hans and his wife Jacqui (Hans is the guy that lived with my parents 26ish years ago), and I've been staying with them for the past day and a bit. They showed me around their little town of Crowborrough (which I'm told is the place where Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the author of Sherlock Holmes, lived for 40 years and that provided the inspiration for his books)and a few other local spots (We walked through a few incredibly old villages- featuring a pub from 1435 that we stopped in at and a couple churches from the 12th century) and they've just been awesome to me. Some more fantastic hospitality.Here's my new home for the past few days

No comments:

Post a Comment